You can use the OverDrive app to get eBooks, audiobooks, streaming videos, and periodicals from your library on your Android device.
Note: Some digital formats may not be available from all libraries.
Download the OverDrive app from one of the following:
Open the OverDrive app and follow the prompts to sign in (or sign up) using your library card, Facebook, or a free OverDrive account. Learn which sign-in option is right for you here.
If you’re under 13, you can use one of the under-13 sign-in options.
In the OverDrive app, tap the icon in the top-left corner to open the Home menu. Tap Manage libraries, then tap + to find your library’s OverDrive website.
- Tap the star to save your library to your library list.
- Tap your library’s name to start browsing.
Sign into your library’s OverDrive website with your library card and borrow a title.
Note: Magazines and newspapers (U.S. only) work a little differently than other digital titles. They have a Send to NOOK app button instead of aBorrow button, and to read them, you’ll need to install the NOOK reading app from the Google Play store. See getting started with periodicals for more help.
Find borrowed titles on your Checkouts page (under your Account) on your library’s OverDrive website. From there, you can:
- Download/Add EPUB eBooks and MP3 audiobooks directly to the OverDrive app.
- Add streaming videos to the OverDrive app.
- Tap Read to open and read OverDrive Read and MediaDo Reader eBooks right in your browser.
- Tap Listen to open and play OverDrive Listen audiobooks right in your browser (on some devices).
- If you’ve installed the Kindle reading app from the Google Play store, select Download, then Kindle Book (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon’s website and send the book to your Kindle reading app.
Check out our OverDrive app video for a visual overview of getting started in the app.