Our Annual Poetry Contest is on! Submit your poem and your creativity could win you a cash prize! The theme for 2021 is “Float Away.”
Winners will be announced at the Poetry Coffeehouse (via Zoom), Friday, April 30, 2021 at 7:00 pm Cash prizes are provided by the Friends of the Library.
There are categories for both youth and adult poets!
Zoom Meeting Link
How do I enter?
Submit your poem online using the form below or hand in your poem in person to a Maitland Public Library staff member.
Contest Deadline: Wednesday, April 1, 2021, 11:59 p.m. (Contest Window has Closed)
The poem must be:
- Original: An original piece, of your own authorship.
- Thematic: Ensure it fits this year’s theme, “Float Away.”
- 1 page or less: Poetry length of no more than one page.
- Typed: Handwritten poems will not be accepted.
- In a 12-point font: Pick a legible font, e.g. Calibri, Times New Roman, Georgia, etc.
- At least 1″ margins: Ensure your document has a margin setting of at least 1 inch.
- 1 entry per person
- Maitland Public Library staff, board members, and their households are welcome to enter, however they are ineligible to place.
Contact details: If you are turning in your poem in person, include the following on a SEPARATE piece of paper:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- School and Grade (if applicable)
Poetry Contest Submission Form