Winners will be announced at the Poetry Coffeehouse, Friday, April 28, 2023, at 7:00 pm. Cash prizes are provided by the Friends of the Library.
There are categories for both youth and adult poets!
The poetry contest is now CLOSED. Thank you for entering our contest. Please join us on April 28 to hear the winner’s announced.
How do I enter?
Submit your poem online using the form below or hand in your poem in person to a Maitland Public Library staff member.
The deadline for submission is April 1, at 11:59 PM.
The poem must be:
- Original: An original piece, of your own authorship.
- Thematic: Ensure it fits this year’s theme, “After the Rain.”
- 1 page or less: Poetry length of no more than one page.
- Typed: Handwritten poems will not be accepted.
- In a 12-point font: Pick a single, legible font, e.g. Calibri, Times New Roman, Georgia, etc.
- At least 1″ margins: Ensure your document has a margin setting of at least 1 inch.
- 1 entry per person
- Maitland Public Library staff, board members, and their households are welcome to enter, however they are ineligible to place.
- Graphic elements such as clip art and original drawings will not be printed or included in the poetry contest booklet.
Contact details: If you are turning in your poem in person, include the following on a SEPARATE piece of paper:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- School and Grade (if applicable)