Maitland Public Library regularly hosts a wide variety of limited-run classes and events, including educational seminars, language workshops, craft classes, and even movie nights! Everyone is welcome. All events and classes are FREE, although some require registration. Check here for listings and availability, or sign up for our monthly NEWSLETTER! We welcome your feedback and encourage you to share your program experience HERE!
- Preserving Family Memories- April 27, 6pm.-Join Diana Uricchio of OXO Digital Organizing and Rick Lippert of EZ Photo Scan to learn how to organize, digitize and store your precious family memories like photos and documents. Free scanning for up to 50 photos/documents per person. Please register HERE, or call 407-647-7700.
- Library Home Movies of the 1970’s– April 28th, 1-3pm Join us as we screen recently unearthed and digitized home movies made by library staff in the 1970’s. Puppet shows, plays, and even footage of the 1971 groundbreaking ceremony for the library addition. Enjoy some popcorn, and watch to see if you yourself may be captured in this historic footage! April 23-29 is Preservation Week, and we at MPL are proud to screen these interesting films, which were originally uncovered on reel-to-reel videotape.
- Poetry Coffeehouse and Awards – This year’s theme is “I Heard It…” Awards and coffeehouse will take place on April 28th, at 7pm. Cash prizes courtesy of the Friends Of the Maitland Public Library.
- The New Creative Journal– Join Sandra Wolf as she teaches The New Creative Journal®; a non-conventional self-exploration tool combining creative writing, drawing and collage in various original and creative ways. Art skills are not required to participate. Please bring a journal or sketchbook. Please register HERE.
- 6th Annual 5K and Children’s Fun Run – Readers on the Run – May 20, 7:30am! Registration is now open for Maitland Public Library’s 6th Annual 5K and Children’s Fun Run to be held on May 20! Please sign-up at Fleet Street Sports in Altamonte Springs or online at https://www.signmeup.com/s…/online-event-registration/119588
- Knitting– Instructor Sue Burley teaches Intermediate knitting on Wednesdays from 3-4pm. Knitters are urged to bring circular 8/9″ needles, and Teens and Adults welcome. Beginner knitting is from 4-5pm. Beginners are urged to bring 10″ needles, and kids ages 9 and up are welcome to attend. Please register HERE, or call 407-647-7700. Classes run March 29- May 24.