The Maitland Public Library meeting room and conference room are to be used primarily for Library activities and Library-sponsored programs, including programs and events sponsored by the Friends of the Library. When not being used by the Library, these rooms may be reserved by groups that are non-profit and whose mission serves the information, education, or cultural needs of Maitland residents. Community groups wishing to use either of these rooms must abide by this policy.
- Meeting rooms are available to groups that are not for profit and whose programs serve an informational, educational, or cultural interest of the Maitland community.
- All meetings and other uses of the Meeting Room must be free and open to the public. With the approval of the Director of Library Services, meetings in the Conference Room may be closed to the public but all other conditions of meeting room use apply.
- No solicitation, sale, or lease of products or services is permitted at the Library; the sole exception to this policy is the sale of books or library materials at official Library or Friends of the Library programs and events.
- Groups may reserve a meeting room up to six months in advance. Reservations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Meetings may be scheduled only for the operational hours of the library and all meetings must be completed at least fifteen (15) minutes prior to the closing of the library. No meetings on a recurring weekly or monthly basis may be scheduled.
- There is no cost to reserve a meeting room.
- Groups may bring in food and non-alcoholic beverages for consumption by attendees; groups must clean up afterwards and properly dispose of all trash. Use of the oven or induction burners in the demonstration kitchen is prohibited.
- If requested in advance, groups may use the overhead projector or wall-mounted monitor for the display of PowerPoint or other multimedia programming. Groups must provide their own computer and the Library does not provide technical assistance with non-library equipment.
- Groups using the Conference Room acknowledge their understanding that the Conference Room has an ongoing business purpose for the operations of the Library and meetings in the Conference Room may be interrupted by Library staff needing access to Library materials in the Conference Room.
- Any group wishing to reserve a meeting room must provide the name, address, phone number (or e-mail address) of the officer or organizer responsible for the meeting and the room. The designated officer or organizer shall be liable for any damage resulting from the use of the Meeting Room or Conference Room by the group.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel any meeting in favor of Library programming with forty-eight (48) hours’ notice. In the event of an emergency, the Library reserves the right to cancel any meeting without notice. Further, the Library reserves the right to cancel any meeting without notice and to refuse future reservations from groups who fail to abide by this policy.
To reserve the meeting room, please complete the attached form and return it it to the Library.