1. Internet access is provided by the Maitland Public Library as a service to patrons for the purpose of accessing information. Patrons may not use “chat” or play interactive games on public service computers.
2. All public service users are required to sign up at the Circulation Desk. Signing up for Internet use signifies agreement to follow these Guidelines.
3. Use of Internet workstations will be on a first-come, first-served basis and will be limited to two non-consecutive 45-minute sessions per day.
4. Library Internet workstations are provided for library-related learning, research, and serious information sessions.
5. If workstations are shared, no more than two people may use a station at one time and both must be signed up for Internet use. A parent, guardian, and/or caregiver may include his or her child when they are using a station together.
6. Parents, guardians, and/or caregivers, not library staff, are responsible for children’s library usage of the Internet. Parents, guardians, and/or caregivers need to sign a waiver authorizing their children to use a public service computer.
7. Information accessed on the Internet may be inaccurate, illegal, or objectionable to others. Users must be discriminating, considerate, and responsible about what they access, especially within the view of others. Maitland Public Library is not responsible for any content on the Internet.
8. Inappropriate use of any computer to install, alter, or damage either hardware or software will subject user to warning, request to leave library, or trespass.
9. Violation of Florida Statutes, Chapters 847.001(1) and 847.0133(1), which prohibit the display of obscene materials to minors or printing such materials, or any violation of the provisions of Chapter 813, Computer Related Crimes, will subject the violator to arrest, prosecution, and punishment up to and including imprisonment upon conviction. In addition, anyone caught violating these statutes will be trespassed from the library.