Everyone loves to try to new foods and learn about different countries. We have developed the opportunity for area cooks to show off their cooking and expertise of several different countries and regions. The areas we have visited include Vietnam, Italy, Cuba, Venezuela, the Caribbean, Cameroon, Liberia, and the American South.
Our Cooking workshops consist of demonstrations of recipes and tastings of the items made that day. All workshops are presented in the Community Room.
To ensure that our presenters bring enough for all, please register online or call 407-647-7700.
Vietnamese Cuisine, by Ha Roda – A quarterly series
- Next session: Sunday, August 16, 3 – 4:30 p.m.
- Ha Roda is the Pho Queen and author of the James Beard Award-nominated The Vietnamese Kitchen. Ha has been presenting delicious Vietnamese cuisine at the Maitland Public Library since 2010.
Cupcake Decorating with Eric Brewington – miniseries
- Sundays, August 16; September 27; October 25; 3 – 4:30 p.m.
- Eric Brewington is a local baker and owner of Brew’s Bakery. He’ll be discussing the fine art of cupcakes.
Puerto Rican Cooking with Joann Corvoisier – miniseries
- Thursdays, September 3; October 1; November 5; 7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Joann Corvoisier brings the taste of Puerto Rico to the Library for this delicious three-part series.
Cuban Cooking with Maria Darnell – miniseries
- Sundays, September 13; October 11; November 8; 3-4:30 p.m.
- Maria Darnell returns to MPL with great acclaim, bringing with her the spice of Cuba!