Everyone loves to try to new foods and learn about different countries. We have developed the opportunity for area cooks to show off their cooking and expertise of several different countries and regions. The areas we have visited include Vietnam, Italy, Cuba, Venezuela, the Caribbean, Cameroon, Liberia, Puerto Rico, Pakistan, and the American South.
Our Cooking workshops consist of demonstrations of recipes and samples of the items made that day. All workshops are presented in the Community Room.
To ensure that our presenters bring enough for all, please register online or call 407-647-7700.
Vietnamese Cuisine, by Ha Roda – A quarterly series
- Sundays in 2017, 3-5pm; February 5, May 21, August 20, November 19
- Ha Roda is the Pho Queen and author of the James Beard Award-nominated The Vietnamese Kitchen. Ha has been presenting delicious Vietnamese cuisine at the Maitland Public Library since 2010.
Passover Recipes with Myrna Ossin- miniseries
- Sundays in 2017, 3-5pm; March 5, March 26, April 9
- Myrna Ossin has a master’s degree in teaching Spanish from the University of Central Florida and a nutrition degree from the University of Wisconsin. While raising four children and working various businesses, she has authored four books, including Lists for Living.
Punjabi Vegetarian Cuisine with Shahzad Gill – A quarterly series
- Sundays in 2017, 3-5pm; January 15, April 30, July 16, October 15
- Shahzad Gill is originally from the Punjab region of Pakistan and has lived in the US for 2 years. Shahzad is a Registered Nurse and learned healthy cooking techniques from the descendants of Pakistan’s royal family chefs.