Everyone loves to try to new foods and learn about different countries. We have developed the opportunity for area cooks to show off their cooking and expertise of several different countries and regions. The areas we have visited include Vietnam, Italy, Cuba, Venezuela, the Caribbean, Cameroon, Liberia, and the American South.
Our Cooking workshops consist of demonstrations of recipes and tastings of the items made that day. All workshops are presented in the Community Room.
1) American Summer Cuisine by Cathy Alphin & Karen Buchan – A mini series
- When & Where:
- Lazy Days of Summer Slow Cooking: Tuesday, June 9: 7 – 8:30 p.m., in the Community Room.
- No-Cook Desserts: Tuesday, July 14: 7 – 8:30 p.m., in the Community Room
- About: Master Food & Nutrition volunteers, Cathy Alphin & Karen Buchan, present cooking demos as part of their volunteering for University of Florida IFAS Extension Service. Cathy returns to Maitland Public Library after presenting an Easy Entertaining mini-series in 2014.
- Register for samples! Select ‘Attend’ on the online calendar, or phone 407-647-7700.
2) Vietnamese Cuisine, by Ha Roda – A quarterly series
- When & Where: Sunday, August 16: 3 – 4:30 p.m, in the Community Room.
- About: Ha Roda is the Pho Queen and author of the James Beard Award-nominated The Vietnamese Kitchen. Ha has been presenting delicious Vietnamese cuisine at the Maitland Public Library since 2010.
- Register for samples! Register online or call 407-647-7700, so Ha will cook enough samples of her dishes for all to taste and enjoy.